General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What personal data does the website collect?
When you register to use the PLAZA workbench, then the name and email your provide are collected.
By browsing the PLAZA website, anonymized user statistics are gathered using Google Analytics.
How is the personal data collected?
You directly provide your personal data:
- when you register for the PLAZA workbench
- when you use or view the PLAZA website via your browser's cookies
How is the personal data used?
Your personal data is only used for identification and authentication purposes, in order to safeguard the gene lists you upload in the PLAZA workbench from unauthorized access.
How is the personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored at servers of Ghent University and VIB. All common security protocols are followed, and only the minimum amount of information is stored.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor will your personal data be shared with outside partners for marketing purposes.
What are your personal data protection rights?
You are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to access: You have the right to request whether you are present in the PLAZA system, and receive information about the personal data that have been processed.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that any incorrect information is corrected.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your login information from the PLAZA system.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority in case you would be of the opinion that we fail to respect your personal data protection rights. You can find their contact information on the following website: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How are cookies used in the website?
- Keeping you signed in for authentication purposes
- Understanding how you use our website
How can you contact us?
Please visit the contact page to find the appropriate email address.