The data in the PLAZA platform is licensed for academic purposes using the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
This license thus ensures that the data comes with both rights and restrictions.
This license gives the following rights:
- You can share the data: this includes copying and redistribution of the data in any medium or format (see section 1.l, 2.a.1 and 3.b of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
- You can adapt the data: this includes transformation of the data and building upon the data (see section 1.a, 1.b, 2.a.1 and 2.a.5 of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
This license comes with the following restrictions, if you decide to share or adapt the data:
- You must attribute the PLAZA platform by giving credit & linking to the license (see section 3.a and section 5 of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
- You may not use the data for commercial purposes (see section 1.k of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
- If you transform or build upon the material, you must distribute the results using the same license as the PLAZA data (see section 3.b.1 of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
- You cannot add additional restrictions to the resulting data (see section 3.b.3 of the BY-NC-SA 4.0 license)
See here for the legal terminology with regards to the license.