EP3 is a tool for the identification of the core region of a eukaryotic gene promoter. It uses universal properties of the promoter to detect those regions in a whole genome context. EP3 has been tested on several eukaryotes ranging from protists to human. On human it is, at the moment, the best performing tool to identify regions that are associated with transcription initiation.
Start at once
Caveat!EP3 should only be run on a complete genome at once when not using a precalculated model. The program requires no training, but does need to extract some information from the sequence.
- Webstart application, stand-alone graphical user interface and stand-alone command line tool available for download.
- EP3 is fast, it can make predictions for a whole genome (animals, plants, etc.) in a matter of minutes.
- EP3 is accurate: it performs better than the current state-of-the-art promoter prediction programs on the human genome.
- EP3 requires no training is is applicable to all eukaryotic genomes.
- EP3 is free for academic use
- EP3 is simple design and straightforward to use