• Schooled in SQL, C#, C++, Java and basic shell scripting.
• Professional experience with JSF, Java (Spring framework, Hibernate), C#, Tomcat and MySQL.
• Extensive experience with web development for the LAMP stack: Object-oriented PHP5, XHTML, CSS,
• Thorough knowledge of MS Windows, OS X and several Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Fedora).
• Installing, configuring and maintaining an Apache web server on any of these operating systems.
• Experience in setting up small networks (switches, routers, dhcp,...).
• Decent knowledge of shell scripting on Unix systems and regular expressions.
• Good understanding of SEO techniques and the working of Google's 'pagerank' algorithm.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, CUSTODIX. OCTOBER 2006 - MARCH 2010
• Developed several web-services using Java, built on the Spring framework and Mysql through Hi-
• Developed a reverse auctioning website and several other websites using JSF and the mentioned
• Built several client applications in both C# and Java.
• All applications written according to the MVC model and with high security in mind.
• Development in team using tools as SVN or CVS and Jira (project management framework).
WEB DEVELOPER, UGENT. APRIL 2010 - CURRENT
• Development & maintenance of several websites and databases.
• Built an online viewer for open directories on the web with auto thumbnail creation.
• Built a download website with secure access.
STARTED DEOLV.BE IN 2007
• Built framework for several websites using PHP and MySQL (LAMP stack).
• Consultancy services for other PHP developers.
• Built a simple CMS in PHP using the MVC model.
• Science - Mathematics, 8h Maths/week at 'De Bron', Tielt (1994 - 2000).
• Industrial Engineer Informatics at Hogeschool Gent (2000 - 2006).
Languages: Dutch (native language), English (fluent), French (Conversational),German (Conversational).
Hobbies: Reading, traveling, running.
Interests: Science in the broadest meaning of the word, music and art in general.
VIB / UGent
Bioinformatics & Evolutionary Genomics
+32 (0) 9 33 13807 (phone)
+32 (0) 9 33 13809 (fax)